Do you own a classic car? Is it adequately insured? When it comes to insurance for a classic car, most claims adjusters have little or no experience when accessing the damage. If you live in or around the Rochester, NY area, the insurance professionals at Bajorek Agency Inc. can provide the coverage you need.
While there are a few major insurance companies that insure vintage or classic cars, you do not get the specialized care you would get with an insurance company that specializes in classic cars.
Here are some features found on a standalone classic car policy that you would not find on a regular car insurance policy:
- Most car insurance companies only pay claims on the actual cash value of the car. For a classic car, it will be insured on an upfront agreed-upon value basis.
- You have much more flexibility in your choice of body shops if you have a repair claim.
- Additional coverage is available for parts, tools, and accessories.
- Superior roadside assistance coverage that goes beyond what a regular auto insurance policy provides.
- Coverage on equipment and automobile brought to auto shows.
- In the event you own multiple classics, you only pay one liability premium rather than one on each car as you would with regular car insurance.
- As long as it isn’t driven as your primary vehicle, there are no restrictions on mileage.
- An option for zero deductible is available.
- Appreciation (rather than depreciation) of coverage. Some vehicles will qualify for appreciation, which means the agreed-upon value will rise.
- Enhanced labor coverage and towing.
Contact Us Today
Your classic car hobby is an expensive one and one that needs specialized care. Let the insurance professionals at Bajorek Agency Inc. in Rochester, NY provide you with a quote.
Classic cars usually have a problem or two because of their old age. If you own a classic car that’s not in perfect condition in Rochester, NY, you must wonder whether it’s possible to get classic car insurance. Yes, you can buy classic car insurance if your vehicle is not in perfect condition but here is also what you should expect.
Classic Car Insurance: Getting the Best Coverage
1. The Existing Problems Won’t Be Covered
Auto insurance is supposed to protect you and your vehicle against unpredictable risks. However, since the existing issues with your classic car are already there. They will be excluded from coverage, and so will the other problems that may arise later because of the existing issues with your vehicle.
2. Higher Insurance Rates
If your classic car is not in perfect condition, the auto insurance provider will see it as a high-risk asset and charge you higher insurance rates. This is because a vehicle not in excellent working condition is more likely to cause an accident that will result in more significant injury to persons and property damage.
How To Lower The Cost of Classic Cars?
Bajorek Agency Inc can help you opt for non-owner classic car insurance, which only covers against bodily injury and property damage to other cars and has no auto attached. If your classic car is not running, we recommend that you purchase a parked classic car insurance policy, also known as "storage insurance." It can bring down your premiums by up to 80%.
Give Us A Call
Are you in the greater Rochester, NY community and looking for more info on classic car insurance? Contact us at Bajorek Agency Inc, and we will answer all your questions.
Suppose you own a 1964 Pontiac GTO or a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro. In that case, you might wonder whether you need car insurance from Bajorek Agency Inc. After all, your classic vehicle isn’t a daily drive. The reality is that your antique car is required to have car insurance just like other vehicles. Your collector’s car poses risks to other road users like other standard cars, and that’s why you are required to purchase classic car insurance.
Mandatory car insurance coverages in New York
If you own a car in Rochester, NY, or other parts of New York, you must include the below coverages in your car insurance.
- Property damage liability: This coverage covers you when you cause an accident, causing property damage to other people.
- Bodily injury liability: Assume you cause an accident that injures a pedestrian or another motorist. You will be responsible for their medical costs. Thankfully, you don’t have to incur this from your pocket since car insurance takes care of it.
- Property injury protection (PIP): This insurance policy compensates you for partial loss of income and pays for your medical expenses following a road accident.
New York is a no-fault state, meaning that your insurance policy is responsible for your injuries and damages. Simply said, regardless of who caused the accident, everyone claims compensation from their insurance.
Optional classic car insurance coverages
While you are required to include the above coverages in your classic car insurance, you may opt for optional classic car insurance coverages for well-rounded protection of your vintage car. Here are optional classic car insurance coverages to consider.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages
- Roadside assistance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Spare parts coverage
- Cherished salvage coverage
Would you like to protect your heritage with classic car insurance? If you are in Rochester, NY and its environs, please contact Bajorek Agency Inc. for an affordable quote.
Living in the north, we’re no strangers to intense storms and natural disasters: Rochester, NY, alone, experiences blizzards, hurricanes, and flooding. The worst flooding happened in 1865, leaving one-fourth of the city underwater. Flooding and storms still occur today. Classic cars receive damage from these storms and disasters every time they happen. At Bajorek Agency Inc, we understand the need to protect the significant investment made in classic cars.
Minimum Liability Coverage Requirements
All vehicles driven in New York must carry a minimum amount of liability coverage. Coverage must include:
- $10,000 property damage per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury per accident
- $50,000 for the death of one person involved per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury for two or more people per accident
- $100,000 for the death of two or more individuals per accident
Specialty Insurance Providers Navigate Nuances
General insurance providers may not specialize in all the ins and outs of classic vehicles. After damage occurs, the general insurance provider may only opt to reimburse you for the vehicle’s blue book value based on the year, make, and model. A specialty insurance provider understands the time put into these vehicles and the replacement cost of custom parts.
Three Value Levels to Understand
There are three value definitions that insurance providers use to decide the amount of payment after a damage claim is made. These values are:
- blue book value
- stated value
- agreed-upon value
Bluebook value goes off the year, make, and model of the car, regardless of the modifications or restoration. This definition usually provides the lowest insurance payouts. The stated value is the value given by the insurance provider guidelines to start as a baseline value. The premiums may be higher or lower based on the vehicle and its modifications. Agreed-upon value offers a guaranteed minimum amount of payout when a claim is processed, which can help replace custom and hard-to-find parts.
Contact Bajorek Agency Inc
Faithfully serving Rochester NY, and the surrounding areas, Bajorek Agency Inc is happy to help you pick proper protection for your New York classic car coverage needs. Contact us today for a free quote!