Suppose you own a 1964 Pontiac GTO or a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro. In that case, you might wonder whether you need car insurance from Bajorek Agency Inc. After all, your classic vehicle isn’t a daily drive. The reality is that your antique car is required to have car insurance just like other vehicles. Your collector’s car poses risks to other road users like other standard cars, and that’s why you are required to purchase classic car insurance.
Mandatory car insurance coverages in New York
If you own a car in Rochester, NY, or other parts of New York, you must include the below coverages in your car insurance.
- Property damage liability: This coverage covers you when you cause an accident, causing property damage to other people.
- Bodily injury liability: Assume you cause an accident that injures a pedestrian or another motorist. You will be responsible for their medical costs. Thankfully, you don’t have to incur this from your pocket since car insurance takes care of it.
- Property injury protection (PIP): This insurance policy compensates you for partial loss of income and pays for your medical expenses following a road accident.
New York is a no-fault state, meaning that your insurance policy is responsible for your injuries and damages. Simply said, regardless of who caused the accident, everyone claims compensation from their insurance.
Optional classic car insurance coverages
While you are required to include the above coverages in your classic car insurance, you may opt for optional classic car insurance coverages for well-rounded protection of your vintage car. Here are optional classic car insurance coverages to consider.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages
- Roadside assistance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Spare parts coverage
- Cherished salvage coverage
Would you like to protect your heritage with classic car insurance? If you are in Rochester, NY and its environs, please contact Bajorek Agency Inc. for an affordable quote.